Georgia Charter Schools Research Alliance
The goal of this alliance is to enable members to become better consumers of researchâ€”more skilled at discerning rigorous from non-rigorous research, more knowledgeable about how to access, manage, and use data. The alliance is comprised of the state education department staff members, charter school stakeholders, and state charter school association administrators.
- What measurable characteristics of charter schools (or groups of characteristics) are associated with superior charter school performance?
- Are particular characteristics of charter school leaders associated with superior charter school performance?
- Holding constant teacher characteristics, are teachers in charter schools more likely than traditional public school teachers to switch schools or leave the profession?
- How do the demographic characteristics, experience, and training of charter school teachers and leaders differ from those in traditional public schools?
- Holding constant student characteristics and prior performance, what are the effects of teacher qualifications, experience and educational attainment on student achievement?
Geographical Areas Served
Georgia - Dekalb County, Atlanta Public Schools, Greene County, Statewide (virtual)
- Georgia Charter School Association
- DeKalb PATH Academy, Georgia
- Drew Charter School, Georgia
- Georgia Department of Education
- Georgia Charter School Commission
- Lake Oconee Academy, Georgia
- Kennesaw State University
- Georgia Professional Standards Commission