School Readiness Research Alliance
The goal of the School Readiness Research Alliance is to build state and local capacity to use data and research to plan, support, and implement initiatives that will promote school readiness. The alliance is comprised of 15 core members, including members from Florida's Office of Early Learning, early learning coalitions, higher education institutions, and non-profit foundations in the State of Florida; the Georgia Department of Early Care and Learning; and the Mississippi Department of Education, Office of Elementary Education and Reading. Efforts of this alliance focus not only on the readiness of children, but also the readiness of families, communities, and early care and education providers to offer successful learning opportunities to young children.
First meeting of the REL Southeast School Readiness Research Alliance, April 17, 2014. Picture left to right: Lilli Copp, Noelle Bee, Maggie Stevens, Tara Huls, Shan Goff, Keith Philipson, Laura Bailet, and Dave Lawrence.
- What is the likelihood of a provider being classified as a Low-Performing Provider (LPP) in the subsequent year(s) after being classified as a LPP in the prior year?
- Which provider characteristics moderate the risk of being classified a LPP for two or more consecutive years?
- Which aspects of improvement plans moderate the risk of being classified a LPP for two or more consecutive years?
- How can programs best assist parents for preparing preschool students?
- What practices are currently being used in Florida to assist families with facilitating school readiness?
Geographical Areas Served
- Early Learning Coalition of Duval
- Early Learning Coalition of Orange County
- Early Learning Coalition of Southwest FL
- Eckerd Youth Alternatives
- Florida Department of Education, Office of Early Learning
- Florida Head Start Collaboration Office
- Georgia Department of Early Care and Learning
- Lee County Schools Head Start/Early Head Start Program
- Mississippi Department of Education, Office of Elementary Education and Reading
- Nemours BrightStart!
- The Early Childhood Initiative Foundation
- University of North Florida